Monday, November 12, 2012

Alpha on Ice

So we had our second meeting for our ice skating class yesterday, and apparently, we're done with pre-alpha!  Everything will still have to be polished though, especially my one-foot glides.  My feet wouldn't go straight when I do it.  :(  Anyway, they will still be included in our test after the 6th session, but we are already doing our forward strokes, which is the first lesson in alpha!  Then after it, we're gonna be doing crossovers already, which is what I'm really excited about.  I can't believe that we have already learned so much in just two meetings!  I really can't wait for our new skates to arrive but I still don't want to break into them.  I hope I don't get bruises.  And seriously, I will be wearing white skates, and the people watching will be like "Oh she must be good" then they would see me fall down on my butt without even spinning or jumping and then I'll be so embarassed I won't be able to go inside the rink again.... lol i'm kidding!  Everyone starts from the bottom!  I just started a little late..  Okay, maybe a little too late?  But there was one skater there who has the same coach as I do and she said she started when she was 18, which is my age now.  And she's already jumping now that she's 20!  The good thing is she doesn't look 20, which made me be grateful that I look younger than my age.  I thought of it as a bad thing before, but now, I'm so thankful for it!  We'll enroll for the next lesson on the Christmas break btw... if I feel like I can handle it together with my studies and all. But when my coach told me that he is a chemical engineer, I was so inspired!  Because you know, I'm studying to be a civil engineer and I want to be good at ice skating too.  I really don't care if you think I'm too old for this or what, I've had enough of myself thinking that and instead of dreaming about it, I'm going after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment